Founding Executive Board (pictured above)
- Johnny D. Pryor, President (Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law)
- Rebekah Grodsky, President-Elect (University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law)
- Macey Edmondson, Secretary (The University of Mississippi School of Law)
- Emily Scivoletto, Treasurer (UCLA School of Law)
Since its founding in 2016, NALSAP has grown to support more than 480 professional members, 95 institutional members and expanded to include members from four Canadian law schools. NALSAP hosts a national conference each June and supports an international online community of members sharing ideas, questions, information, and resources relating to law student affairs. NALSAP received the 2018 Kutulakis Award (established in memory of Associate Dean Peter N. Kutulakis of Penn State's Dickinson School of Law) from the Association of American Law Schools (AALS) Student Services Section recognizing the organization’s outstanding contribution to the provision of services to law students.
NALSAP owes its beginning to the AALS Student Services Section dinner in New York City on January 7, 2016. That night a conversation began between four law student affairs professionals, “musing” about the possibility of a membership organization that would support those working within law student affairs and specifically provide for their professional development.
Many emails and several conference calls later, NALSAP was officially established as a 501(c)(6) professional organization in June of 2016. The vision was to provide NALSAP members with information about law student affairs best practices, resources for student programming, opportunities for professional growth, and the support of a community of like-minded individuals.
Milestones in NALSAP History
- January 7, 2016 – Forming an organization for law student affairs professionals is discussed at an AALS Student Services Section dinner
- January 20, 2016 – First official meeting of the four founding members of NALSAP
- March 17, 2016 – NALSAP is established as an organization and website is launched
- June 8, 2016 – NALSAP is officially incorporated as a 501(c)(6) professional organization
- November 1, 2016 – NALSAP “launches” and officially accepts new members
- June 1-3, 2017 – First NALSAP Conference held at UCLA School of Law in Los Angeles, California with over 150 attendees and new NALSAP officers installed
- January 4, 2018 – NALSAP Receives the AALS Student Services Section Kutulakis Award
- June 28-30, 2018 – Second NALSAP Conference held at Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law in Indianapolis, Indiana with over 200 attendees and new NALSAP officers installed
The Third Annual NALSAP conference will be held in Washington D.C. and hosted by the American University Washington College of Law this June 12-14, 2019. We hope to see you there!