The NALSAP Awards & Recognition Committee is excited to announce the 2020 Awards & Recognition Program.
NALSAP is committed to recognizing, in a meaningful way, members and allies who have made outstanding contributions to the field of law student affairs. To that end, NALSAP invites nominations for three annual awards. All NALSAP individual or institutional members are eligible for nomination; self-nominations are also welcomed.
One award recipient will be selected in each category and all recipients will be recognized at the NALSAP Annual Conference. Recipients will receive a plaque and one complimentary conference registration for the following year’s NALSAP Conference, in addition to social media shout-outs! Members of the NALSAP Awards & Recognition Committee are not eligible to be nominated during their tenure on the Committee.
Nominations are open until Monday, June 1, 2020 using the following link:
NALSAP 2020 Award Nomination
NALSAP CORE Four Award
Established in honor of the four NALSAP founders, the NALSAP CORE Four Award will be awarded on an annual basis to a NALSAP individual or institutional member who demonstrates the competencies, values and ethics of the very best law student affairs professionals. The recipient will demonstrate strength in four core areas:
- Collaboration: demonstrates collaboration between or among law student affairs professionals, institutions, or organizations.
- Outstanding Service: demonstrates service to NALSAP and legal education.
- Respect and Commitment for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: demonstrates a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through advocacy or development of policies, programs, or strategic partnerships.
- Excellence in Leadership: demonstrates leadership in law student affairs that has made a substantial impact in addressing a need or influencing the legal education culture.
Congratulations to the 2019 CORE Four Award Recipient: Michele Struffolino, Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad College of Law
INNOVATION AND IMPACT Award
The NALSAP Innovation and Impact Award will be presented to a NALSAP individual or institutional member who:
- Implemented an innovative program that had a positive impact on the law student experience;
- Maximized resources to address student services needs in an innovative manner; and
- Encouraged others to think of alternative ways to support students.
Congratulations to the 2019 Innovation and Impact Award Recipient: Chris Engle-Newman, Associate Director of Student Affairs, University of Denver Sturm College of Law
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION Award
The NALSAP Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Award will be presented to a NALSAP individual or institutional member who:
- Is actively engaged in promoting equity, diversity and inclusivity in their school community;
- Demonstrates an awareness of unconscious bias and the importance of cultural competency;
- Demonstrates a commitment to identify and eliminate unfair bias, stereotypes and barriers to academic and professional success; and
- Implements diversity-related programing to ensure that students graduate with the knowledge and skills necessary for a diverse society.
Congratulations to the 2019 Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Award Recipient: Troy Riddle, Assistant Dean for Diversity & Inclusion, Albany Law School
Please reach out to any member of the Committee if you have questions. The NALSAP Awards & Recognition Committee:
- Francine Herlehy, Chair (University of Windsor, Faculty of Law)
- Jennifer Cerny, Member (UConn Law)
- Katie Crowley, Member (Catholic University Law School)
- Maria Saez Tatman, Member (University of Tennessee, Knoxville)
- David Wright, Member (University of Kentucky)